Determined And Effective Resolution of Tax Issues
There are virtually always options available for you to favorably resolve a tax debt. You deserve experienced legal advice that will help you get the best result for your specific situation.
Our Atlanta, GA tax attorneys represent clients with tax cases at every level: Audit, assessment, US Tax Court and administrative appeals. We represent clients throughout Atlanta and Georgia, including:
- Cases involving tax audits or assessments
- Corporate income taxes or payroll taxes
- Persons held personally liable for unpaid business employment taxes
- Syndicated Conservation Easement tax litigation
Cal Bomar holds an LL.M. (advanced law degree) in tax from New York University School of Law. He has handled complex tax cases from both sides of the table. A former tax attorney for the IRS Office of Chief Counsel who represented the government, he now represents taxpayers IRS and state of Georgia Department of Revenue tax matters.
Providing You with Experienced Guidance
Our attorneys’ extensive background gives them insights into what the IRS position will be on a wide range of specific tax matters. Their significant experience enables them to negotiate or litigate favorable resolutions for clients, including through:
- Offers in compromise (OIC) and installment agreements
- Reduced or eliminated tax liability and penalty abatement
- “Currently Not Collectible” status
- The IRS Fresh Start Program
- Innocent spouse relief, Injured Spouse Relief or Separation of Liability Relief
- Audit defense for individuals and businesses facing IRS tax audits
- Effective use of administrative appeals
- US Tax Court or US District Court trial
When making an offer in compromise, you generally offer the IRS an amount that is less than what you owe. In some cases, this can save you hundreds of thousands of dollars. In other cases, it will not be the best way to resolve the tax liability.
If you have had your wages garnished or the IRS has threatened to levy your bank account, we can set up relief to end the garnishment of your wages and bank levy.
Put Experienced Representation on Your Side
Bomar Law Firm, LLC, has an office conveniently located in Atlanta, Georgia. You can reach us by email or at to schedule your free consultation to discuss your case with an Atlanta, Georgia, tax lawyer who is also a former IRS Chief Counsel attorney.
To avoid an IRS or Georgia tax lien, a bank levy, wage garnishment, and the compounding of interest and penalties, contact us to speak directly with a tax lawyer about your case. The firm handles cases involving syndicated conservation easement IRS audit and litigation, guiding clients through IRS tax disputes to get to the best result.
The firm also has tax professionals available who speak Spanish. (El Despacho de Abogado Bomar tiene oficinas en Atlanta, Georgia; y Birmingham, Alabama. El Ex Abogado del IRS. Hablamos español. Contáctenos hoy al