Estate Planning Attorney Helping To Preserve Your Assets
An Atlanta estate planning and tax attorney at our firm can help you to manage and protect your assets as well as provide for the care of your family.
We serve clients in Georgia and throughout the southeastern United States.
Cal Bomar is a former lawyer for the IRS Office of Chief Counsel. Our estate planning team will provide innovative solutions to accomplish your goals in the best manner possible. They are also specialists in eliminating or minimizing estate tax and gift tax, as well as dealing with income tax issues.
What Is Estate Planning?
Our estate planning lawyers work closely with clients to identify goals, plan for contingencies and create a comprehensive estate plan that makes sure that their wishes are carried out. This often involves instruments designed to bypass probate, set aside assets, minimize estate taxes and control who will be your beneficiaries:
- A will to govern the distribution of your assets
- Durable powers of attorney to handle your financial affairs
- Medical power of attorney
- A health care directive (living will) regarding life support measures
- Appointment of guardians for minor children
- Family limited partnerships to pass a family-owned business to the next generation
- Grantor-retained annuity trusts
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts
- Revocable trusts
- Dynasty trusts
- Special needs trusts for a disabled child or vulnerable adult
- Medicaid/nursing home planning
- Charity trusts and charitable remainder trusts
- Spendthrift trusts to protect assets from creditors
Probate Court Matter Assistance
Our attorneys also provide Georgia probate law and probate court assistance:
- Estate administration: Our lawyers guide you through settling a family member’s estate, including the payment of estate debts, liquidation of assets, distribution to heirs and the filing of tax returns.
- Guardianship and conservatorship: Gaining court approval to take control of the finances and personal care of an incapacitated parent, or making arrangements for the future care of an underage child or disabled adult.
- Probate litigation: Experienced representation in will contests and other disputes arising from probate or trust administration.
Contact our Atlanta, Georgia, office to schedule a consultation with an Atlanta estate planning attorney about our estate planning and estate administration services.
We are a full-service Atlanta, Georgia, law firm that represents clients throughout Georgia and the southeast. Contact us to speak with a former IRS Atlanta tax attorney for your IRS civil and criminal defense, estate planning or probate matters. The firm handles cases involving captive insurance company litigation and syndicated conservation easement litigation, guiding clients through IRS tax disputes and promoter malpractice cases, as needed to get the client to the best result.
The firm also has tax professionals available who speak Spanish. (El Despacho de Abogado Bomar tiene oficinas en Atlanta, Georgia; y Birmingham, Alabama. El Ex Abogado del IRS. Hablamos Español. Contáctenos hoy al 404-841-6561).
Bomar Law Firm has offices in Atlanta and Birmingham, Alabama. Contact us at 404-841-6561 to schedule your free consultation to discuss your case with an Atlanta, Georgia, tax lawyer who is also a former IRS Chief Counsel attorney.