Preserving Your Assets and Wealth Management
Our Atlanta tax attorneys can also provide sophisticated wealth management guidance to clients in metro Atlanta and throughout the state of Georgia. That can involve how to legally and ethically shield assets from potential future creditors in the best manner possible, while also arranging for these assets to pass seamlessly to your heirs.
Cal Bomar brings exceptional credentials to asset protection planning:
- An advanced law degree (LL.M.) in taxation
- Service in the IRS’s Wills, Trusts and Estates Division, where he worked with some of the largest trusts in the U.S.
- Service in the IRS Office of Chief Counsel, responsible for interpreting the federal Tax Code and drafting IRS rulings, regulations and other published guidance.
Mr. Bomar has extensive private practice experience in wealth preservation. His IRS insight and knowledge of state and federal laws from being a former IRS Office of Chief Counsel tax lawyer enables clients with vulnerable assets to stay out of harm’s way. Because he is also an estate planning attorney, the asset protection planning will coordinate with a client’s overall estate plan.
Asset Protection Strategies
Our asset protection lawyers are well-versed in the advantages, pitfalls and complexities of:
- Delaware asset protection trusts and Nevada asset protection trusts
- Delaware statutory trusts
- Offshore trusts
- Dynasty trusts (passing assets from generation to generation with minimal estate tax impact)
- Spendthrift trusts (appointment of a trustee to protect beneficiaries from their own spending and prevent a beneficiary’s creditors from attaching trust assets)
- Captive insurance companies
- Numerous other asset protection tools
- Investment vehicles and entities receiving favorable treatment under state law.
An Atlanta tax and wealth planning lawyer will sit down with you to explore the best asset protection strategies for your family situation, your goals and the makeup of your asset portfolio. Inquire online or call us to schedule a meeting with an Atlanta asset protection attorney and Atlanta tax attorney.
We are a full-service Atlanta, Georgia, law firm. We assist clients throughout Georgia and throughout the southeastern United States. Our lawyers can assist you with IRS tax relief, audit defense, probate, estate planning and asset protection. The firm handles cases involving captive insurance company litigation and syndicated conservation easement litigation, guiding clients through IRS tax disputes and promoter malpractice cases, as needed.
The firm also has tax professionals available who speak Spanish. (El Despacho de Abogado Bomar tiene oficinas en Atlanta, Georgia; y Birmingham, Alabama. El Ex Abogado del IRS. Hablamos Español. Contáctenos hoy al 404-841-6561).
Bomar Law Firm has offices in Atlanta and Birmingham, Alabama. Contact us at 404-841-6561 to schedule your free consultation to discuss your case with an Atlanta, Georgia, tax lawyer who is also a former IRS Chief Counsel attorney.